DENTAL PRACTICE ARTICLES
Is Your Dental Office Ready for the Ministry of Labor Health and Safety Inspection Blitzes
Is Your Dental Office Ready for the Ministry of Labour Health and Safety Inspection Blitzes?
(As if there isn’t enough to think about!)
The Ministry of Labour is conducting Health and Safety Inspection Blitzes across Ontario and targeting the health care sector. Is your office ready?
Here are just a few things that you need to know –
- Depending on the size of your office, you need to have a certified Health and Safety Rep or Joint Health and Safety Committee in place
- A component of your monthly meetings should include an update on Workplace Health and Safety
- You must have a policy in place be compliant with Bill 168 – Anti Violence in the Workplace Policy and Procedure – the fines for non-compliance may range from $50,000 to $500,000.00 for incorporated businesses ( that is most dental offices)
- You must have an up to date Health and Safety Policy in place
- One of your staff members must be WHIMIS certified and the MSDS sheets must be up to date, in a binder and easily accessible to staff in the event of a chemical spill.
- You need to have an emergency evacuation policy and procedure in place
- … and there’s more.
In the next few weeks I will be preparing information for dental offices to be ready for the inspections. For more information on how to prepare, please contact me at 905-332-2326 or send me an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Health and Safety”
Author: Sandie Baillargeon